Electric Heated Pressure Washers
|Power Source||Electric Motor|
|Temperature||Hot or Cold|
|Applications||On or Offshore Oil Rigs, Refineries, Petrochemical Industry, Etc.|
Electric Heated Pressure Washers, Washdown Units, Water Blasters, High-Pressure Pump Units for either hazardous or non-hazardous areas
Electric Heated Pressure Washer Applications
This series is designed for either safe or explosion-proof areas in applications on land or marine such as:
- Onshore or offshore oil drilling rigs
- Other heavy industries where the task is critical, requires long duty hours and/or long equipment life
Electric Hot Water Pressure Washer Design
Components are enclosed in a heavy-duty roll cage on an oilfield-type skid. The insulated and enclosed heat exchanger provides high efficiency while maximizing personnel safety.
- Full automatic operation* from start up to shutdown (pull the trigger to start, release to shutdown)
- Remote control stations
- Dump gun or trigger gun operation
- Inlet or outlet side chemical injectors
- Custom designs.
- Wide range of pressure, flow and heat rise combinations are available.
Please contact us with your requirements.
*This very successful design is a convenient and economical solution where the task is within an area which is classified as hazardous. The equipment is located in a safe area and connected to a manifold (pipe or hose) which feeds outlets in the work area. The operator simply pulls the trigger on the spray wand to start, selects the soap nozzle to add chemicals, selects the high pressure rinse nozzle to stop the chemical injection and releases the trigger to shut down the pump. This system not only is very convenient for the operator (increases productivity) but it also practically eliminates the primary cause of pump failure which is extended operation with the spray gun shut off.
Electric Heated Pressure Washer Specifications:
In addition to the Electric Motor Driven (Cold)
- Heat exchanger: NEMA4X or NEMA7/4X terminal enclosure, field adjustable thermostat (water temperature control) series wired to float switch (heater shut down if elements are not submerged), external float tank plumbed to heat exchange tank for make-up water and to assure elements are submerged thus providing redundant safeties for over-heating.
- Heater operates independent of the motor, once powered it will maintain the preset maximum temperature (typically 180°F), thus providing a supply of hot water instantly
- Heat exchange tank is vented to the atmosphere, the maximum possible temperature is 212°F (at sea level)
- Fail-safe safety feature eliminates the possibility of creating steam which is the single greatest hazard of this type of equipment. The volatile nature of steam makes it a hazard to personnel as well as the equipment.
- Isolation of the heater elements from the process water almost completely eliminates the primary cause of heater failure which is the buildup of mineral deposits on the heater elements.
Heat exchanger coil and tank are galvanized and insulated. This tank is enclosed in a steel enclosure which has a 1” air gap between the heat exchanger tank and the steel enclosure. As per OSHA requirements, the heat exchange tank is fully enclosed to prevent personnel contact with the hot surfaces of the heat exchange tank. Every effort to minimize the exposure of hot surfaces has been made however surfaces such as hose ends, quick couplers and pipe couplings (welded to frame for secure connections) are unprotected surfaces which do transfer heat and caution should be taken to prevent the possibility of personnel contact with hot surfaces.